After Updating to MainWP Dashboard 4.1.10 Scheduled Synching of Child Sites Stopped

I am just reporting this incase anyone else runs into the problem as I found a fix to get the schedule child site synching started again.

After updating to MainWP Dashboard v4.1.10, scheduled synching of Child Sites stopped. I could still synch fine manually.

The cron job mainwp_cronupdatescheck_action last run date was October 21 (even though it runs every minute, I know this date only updates when a synch actually happens). Also the action report also showed every minute it was checked:

CRON :: updates check :: waiting conditionals to run.

Anyways yesterday I decided to actually just resave my General Settings where the Synching frequency is set. This morning I checked and the automated synching had run. So this is the fix to get it started again.

So there appears to be a bug (at least for me) in the upgrade to 4.1.10 where the General Settings gets corrupted somehow and the Automatic Child Site Synching Scheduler can’t determine when to actually synch next.

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reporting this and sharing the solution.
However, I am not sure if this is a bug, I can’t duplicate this behavior on my test setup.

Yeah I had wondered since others would have spoken up about I am sure if they had issues. Maybe it is how my host or MainWP is setup so it this issue only happens in certain situations?

I was having the same problem. Daily digest emails stopped, as did the syncing of child sites.
Rolling back to 4.1.9 returned things to a functioning state.
My last successful sync was on Oct 22.

Can confirm that saving General Settings fixed the issue.

Thank you @eSIlverStrike for figuring it out!. I spent most of the day looking into possible issues with the Cron setup on my machine and just found your post.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation.

We will look into this asap.

Hi,
I am having the same problem and saving General Settings did’t fix the problem. For me the last run was on 22 oktober 2021 09:24.
Regards!
Edit: I tried changing the Syncing frequency (like Tom described…) and this did the tric. Cron is activated again.

Maybe I spoke too soon…

The update did run once automatically since I resaved the settings but has not run in the last few days again.

I don’t always catch it as I sometimes do manual synchs as well.

Does anyone know if I do a manual synch does that delay the automatic synch since a synch already happened in the 24 hour period?

Also i have “Automatic daily sync time” set to 1am and to once a day. Should it always synch at this time as the last successful run of the mainwp_cronupdatescheck_action is a few days ago at 2:17PM so that is 13 hours late (just considering the time not the date). I also have uptimerobot pinging my site every 15 mins so that should activate any cron jobs.

Something is definitely still wrong. My system just sent me an outdated daily digest with 3 updates I had yesterday while overview shows zero updates.

Seems the syncing stopped again as well.

Same here. Syncing stopped. The action log states:
CRON :: updates check :: wait sync time
Cron works, only not the mainwp_cronupdatescheck_action

Same here with two different Dashboards. Saveing general settings worked ounce on one of the installation. The schedule is definitely broken.

Our dev team is working on this. As soon as they find the problem we will update the thread.

1 Like

I got an update from our dev team,

Can you please try this version and see if it solves the problem.

2 Likes

Making sure everyone in this thread gets a ping with @bogdan 's update.

@eSIlverStrike
@alexander
@pereffect
@mensmaximus

2 Likes

Thanks!

Okay I installed the new MainWP download about 10 mins ago. I have since noticed that the Update Overview shows:

• Last successfully completed synchronization: November 2, 2021 5:03 pm

I did do a manual synch this morning but nothing since, so the scheduler must have triggered that.

This is what it now shows in the Cron Scheduler (see below). I will let it run for a few days and report back. Hopefully the problem is solved!

Cron Job Hook Schedule Last Run Next Run
Check for available updates mainwp_cronupdatescheck_action Once every minute November 2, 2021 1:03 pm November 2, 2021 5:11 pm
Check for new statistics mainwp_cronstats_action Once hourly November 2, 2021 4:35 pm November 2, 2021 5:27 pm
Check for vulnerabilities mainwp_cron_vulner_recheck Once hourly January 1, 1970 8:00 pm November 2, 2021 5:11 pm
Continue maintenance tasks mainwp_maintenance_cron_scheduled_continue Once every minute November 2, 2021 5:11 pm
Ping childs sites mainwp_cronpingchilds_action Once daily November 2, 2021 11:35 am November 3, 2021 11:27 am
Site Health monitoring mainwp_cronsitehealthcheck_action Once hourly November 2, 2021 4:35 pm November 2, 2021 5:30 pm
Start maintenance tasks mainwp_maintenance_cron_scheduled_start Once hourly November 2, 2021 6:03 pm
2 Likes

Thank you!
I too installed the new version. Will report back with any findings.

2 Likes

I installed the provided ZIP file. Please tell the developers they always should change the version number:

mainwp

I changed the schedule to run 15 minutes after the update and it worked.

Thanks for checking the new version.

@mensmaximus, my apologies for the confusion with version numbers.

So over the last few days the auto scheduler seems to be running fine (go job!). I have been getting the daily digest again and the child synching has been happening again.

The only thing I notice incorrect which might be related to the Vulnerability Checker Scheduling Support Ticket (which I am using your custom version of) I have is it’s last run date is incorrect in the Cron Schedules and has a date in the 1970s (where as the extension itself under its settings shows a last run date of yesterday Nov 3)

Cron Job Hook Schedule Last Run Next Run
Check for available updates mainwp_cronupdatescheck_action Once every minute November 3, 2021 9:35 pm November 4, 2021 7:29 am
Check for new statistics mainwp_cronstats_action Once hourly November 4, 2021 7:28 am November 4, 2021 8:27 am
Check for vulnerabilities mainwp_cron_vulner_recheck Once hourly January 1, 1970 8:00 pm November 4, 2021 7:29 am
Continue maintenance tasks mainwp_maintenance_cron_scheduled_continue Once every minute November 4, 2021 7:29 am
Ping childs sites mainwp_cronpingchilds_action Once daily November 3, 2021 11:28 am November 4, 2021 11:27 am
Site Health monitoring mainwp_cronsitehealthcheck_action Once hourly November 4, 2021 6:35 am November 4, 2021 7:30 am
Start maintenance tasks mainwp_maintenance_cron_scheduled_start Once hourly November 4, 2021 8:03 am

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Since this is a pre-released patch the version number will be the same in situations like this in order to stay in line with WP.org release.

I can see how this can be confusing. I guess we should figure out a better way to mark pre-released patches in the future.