I am considering the Pro version of MainWP. Besides all of the excellent features offered out of the box I was really interested in 2 extensions. The Branding Extension and the Client Reports.
The Client Reports look good but I wish there was a link to an actual example report so I can see it instead of a few snapshots.
I was also really excited about the Branding Reports. I wish the webpage was more detailed but from what I understand it doesn’t seem to offer the finder detail I need. I basically want to update:
- the login page background image and logo image to be client specific (these should be branded for each client and not for my company IMO)
- Remove any menu items in the backend but only for certain user roles (for the sidebar and topbar). Reorder would also be nice here
- Add in my own dashboard (using Elementor). This should depend on User Roles as well
- Add Additional Menu item with page (using Elementor)
- Update the footer. Remove " Thank you for creating with [WordPress]" and add our own company brand.
- Set the Admin Color Scheme
There’s a few more things but those are the important items. I know the Branding Extension does some of this stuff but from the examples I see on the Branding page disabling the menu items I want (like for certain plugins), Dashboard created with Elementor, and the login page customized for each client is not possible. For examples there are 2 excellent plugins out there that do this including Ultimate Dashboard and White Label CMS
I also would like to see some sort of official roadmap for MainWP and extensions. I know their is the forums with features request but it is difficult to determine what is currently being worked on. This would give me confidence moving forward of things I am interested in being actively developed. It would also be nice to see some sort of updated About Page showing a timeline of the company, general info on the founders, milestones MainWP is proud of, etc…
This post may sound negative, I did not intend it to be. Just wanted to give my thoughts as I try to decide to go Pro.
This is a great piece of software and the ability to manage plugin updates, etc. makes it essential for any Freelancer. I code as well so I understand somewhat the complexity of what you are doing and realize things take time and can’t happen overnight.