Deprecated errors in PHP log since MainWP 4.1

Hi Jos, the ‘fix’ is quite simple, just replace mainwp-activated-check with mainwp_activated_check, however, I would recommend waiting and disabling the debug log temporarily.

We are releasing the updates today.

1 Like

@sagalian, that shouldn’t be related to this issue of deprecated errors, because it’s still working, only generating errors in the log. I think it’s better if you create your own post with al the information about your situation.

1 Like

All extensions have been released with hooks updated so the deprecation warnings should be resolved now.

Can you please confirm that on your side?

1 Like

I’ve updated all my extensions, but still see some of the errors. I did a grep on the plugins directory:

# grep -rl "mainwp-activated-check" .
./mainwp-page-speed-extension/mainwp-page-speed-extension.php
./activity-log-mainwp/activity-log-mainwp.php
./mainwp-code-snippets-extension/mainwp-code-snippets-extension.php
./advanced-uptime-monitor-extension/advanced-uptime-monitor-extension.php
./mainwp-favorites-extension/mainwp-favorites-extension.php
./mainwp-updraftplus-extension/mainwp-updraftplus-extension.php
./mainwp/class/class-mainwp-deprecated-hooks.php
./mainwp/class/class-mainwp-system.php

Current Extension versions:

Hi Jos,

Some of your extensions are still out of date, can you please try to force them to check for updates and see if you can update those? These hooks are updated in all extensions, I just verified.

Activity Log is 3rd party extension, and mentions for the hook in:

./mainwp/class/class-mainwp-deprecated-hooks.php
./mainwp/class/class-mainwp-system.php

are normal.

To be precise:

Current versions are:

• Advanced Uptime Monitor 5.0.2.1
  • Code Snippets 4.0.1
  • Favorites 4.0.3.1
  • Page Speed 4.0.1.1

I’ve checked for updates multiple times both on the WP updates screen and at the Plugins page, and have renewed all the licenses (API keys) yesterday, so I hope that’s not necessary again today. Are these updates already available for everyone or do you have multiple update servers, that haven’t been replicated yet?

I’ll try again later.

Thanks Jos, it could be some temporary timeout.

IF easier for you, you can simply reinstall the extensions. Simply delete those 4 extensions and use the auto install feature to install those.

i just installed all the extension updates and the error is still there. whats wrong?

Deprecated: mainwp-activated is deprecated since version 4.0.7.2! Use mainwp_activated instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: mainwp-activated-check is deprecated since version 4.1! Use mainwp_activated_check instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: mainwp-extension-enabled-check is deprecated since version 4.1! Use mainwp_extension_enabled_check instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: mainwp-activated-check is deprecated since version 4.1! Use mainwp_activated_check instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: mainwp-extension-enabled-check is deprecated since version 4.1! Use mainwp_extension_enabled_check instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpvivid-backup-mainwp/includes/customclass/class-wpvivid-s3.php on line 2479

Deprecated: mainwp-getsubpages-sites is deprecated since version 4.0.7.2! Use mainwp_getsubpages_sites instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: mainwp-getsubpages-post is deprecated since version 4.0.7.2! Use mainwp_getsubpages_post instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: mainwp-getsubpages-page is deprecated since version 4.0.7.2! Use mainwp_getsubpages_page instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Deprecated: mainwp-getextensions is deprecated since version 4.0.7.2! Use mainwp_getextensions instead. in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5148) in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6270

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5148) in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1310

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5148) in /home/wpreport/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 9

Are you sure that all your extensions got updated? Maybe some extensions still didn’t see available update. Can you try to reinstall the extensions?

I’m in the same boat. I thought it would be smarter to update the MainWP Dashboard BEFORE doing any of the plugin/extensions updates as it seemed logical… Bad Idea. Now I can’t even access my WordPress Dashboard let alone update any of the extensions or other plugins. and all the 165 plugin updates that showed on my 100+ sites. Aaargnh!
Any ideas anyone??
I looked for a copy of the last MainWP version but can’t seem to find it anywhere on MainWp.com… if someone can show me where to find that, at least I could get my WP Dashboard back by manually backdating to the last working version?

Let’s stick to the topic here.

Here we are dealing with the Deprecated notices and once again, this problem should be resolved after updating all extensions to the latest versions that we released yesterday.

In case some of the extensions still don’t see available update, please reinstall your extensions. Reinstallation doesn’t affect your settings so your data won’t be lost.

@sagalian, please send me a temporary access to your MainWP Dashboard via private message if you still have this issue.

Daryl,

I don’t think that deprecated notices could case this problem for you.
Please open a helpdesk ticket and we will be happy to check what is going on.

The issue is resolved for @sagalian by updating 10 extensions that were out of date.

I’ve deactivated these extensions, activated them again, updated the licenses and checked for updates. Favorites and Page Speed have been updated now, the other 2 didn’t show up yet. The number of errors has decreased again a bit, but still some to go. I’ll try this trick again with the 2 last extensions.

The second run only Code Snippets was updated. For AUM there’s no “Check for updates now” link and it didn’t become available the third run, so I did a reinstall. Also for the UpdraftPlus extension, that was missing in the previous comment.

The only errors that was were left are from Activity Log for MainWP from @robertwsal, but I’ve fixed that code myself and hope he will release this fix as well soon for the other users.

Jos, thanks for verifying that. I believe that it’s safe to say that the deprecated notices problem is fixed once all extensions are updated. If you agree, I would go ahead and close this topic.

1 Like

Thank you for the tag @josklever

We are aware of these changes and we are working on an exciting update of the extension. However, we need a few weeks until we are ready, even though we started a few weeks back. At least though, as Bogdan explained, there is a fallback for deprecated hooks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.