Error detected: This site already contains a link

Hi,

After having constant issues with child site disconnected but failed to reconect, I try to reinstall MainWP child plugin. I got this error message when trying to reinstall MainWP Child plugin:

Error detected: This site already contains a link. Please deactivate and reactivate the MainWP plugin.
Hint: Go to the child site, deactivate and reactivate the MainWP Child plugin and try again

I have to reinstall since the child site disconnected and never able to reconnect again. Also did deactivate-reactivate mainwp child plugin several times already before gave up.

Before reinstall above, I also try to re-saving the mainwp child plugin setting and got the new unique ID for mainwp dashboard controller.

Does this particular message (Please deactivate and reactivate the MainWP plugin) saying I have to deactivate-reactivate mainwp plugin on dashboard controller, not on child site?
And what does this mean (This site already contains a link)?

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony, have you tried to deactivate all plugins on the child site (except for the MainWP Child) and see if that helps?

Thanks for reply Bogdan,

No, it’s a live LMS site with 800+ active students. And right now it’s exam time. Not a good time.

I installed MainWP child plugins on some sites and only this site having issues. And it’s only happened recently. No new plugin installed before this issue happen. Just disconnected and I try to re-connect but never succeed.

What does this really mean (This site already contains a link)?

Hi Irfan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

What does this really mean (This site already contains a link)?

This means that the child site (plugin) “thinks” that it is already connected to a MainWP Dashboard.
Usually, this gets resolved by deactivating/re-activating the MainWP Child plugin.

Can you tell me what response do you get if you use the Test Connection feature to test this site?

Sorry, been away from managing this site. I try to solve this issues but got the same result.

Connection Test is successful: https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuYm1Xy

But I still have this error: Image 2020-07-16 at 10.20.1...

I did repeat deactivate and reactive the MainWP Child plugins several times but still has the same issues.

Strange. Can you send me temporary access to your dashboard and the child site (via private message) so I can check this?

Just sent a PM. Pls take a look

Thanks Bogdan

Hi @bogdan

Just sent another PM, please check

Thank you

1 Like

Replied via pm, please check

Hi @bogdan

Thanks for the hints about slowness of my site server. After pruning my database (lots of table drops), I’m able to speed up the backend and just now able to connect MainWP to child site.

Thanks for your support

Hi @Irfantony, thanks for letting us know.

I am very happy to see that the problem is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.