MainWP Community

Greg from Grace at Work Living in Philadelphia, PA

Hey there everyone, I’m Greg and own an agency based in Philadelphia, PA that builds websites for organizations that make a difference. We focus on building and hosting sites for churches and nonprofit organizations.

We’ve got just over 200 sites under management and are currently focusing on a server/hosting migration as well as moving from ManageWP into MainWP.

6 Likes

Hey Greg, welcome to the community. Nice to have you around.

1 Like

Hi @graceatwork, welcome to the community. I am already impressed by the number of sites you are managing… and targeting 250 by the end of the year? Pretty impressive.
Any lessons learn on managing +200 WP websites? We are at 75 and targeting to double it by the end of this year.
Thanks and welcome onboard!

2 Likes

Thanks @wpexpert! For sure a few lessons learned along the journey:

• Choosing your hosting is so important because moving websites from host to host is no fun. Don’t rely on the cheapest…and certainly don’t use shared hosting. My present set-up I’m using is with GridPane and servers with Vultr & Linode, all dependent upon location. Most of my clients are specific to local areas, so having servers around the country (I’m in the US) is helpful for us.
  • I live and die with systems…I have to have systems that work, which is part of why I’m transitioning to MainWP.
  • Don’t be afraid to raise your prices. I think a lot of times people are hesitant because of how that might slow growth…that has never happened to me.

If I think of any others I’ll jump back over and drop so more notes.

3 Likes

Great advice already @graceatwork I’d love to see some posts from you in #wordpress-maintenance-business when you feel like sharing!

1 Like

Agree 100% with you! Right now, our hosting costs us $9 (CAD so $6.5 USD) per site but we do have amazing service. They are all WordPress Managed Server and we have a 100% uptime so far…
Right now, we are ok with our pricing infrastructure (https://wpexpert.ca/care-plans). But definitely like your advices. Like @dennis mentioned, maybe a new post in #wordpress-maintenance-business

1 Like

@graceatwork Welcome to the community!

2 Likes