How to Automate this business?

Hi all, I’m new to this plugin so there is still a lot to figure out. I was looking for a way to service existing clients and now thinking about making this tool a separate service or entire new business.

One thing that strikes me thought is that for each client there is a lot of manual work on our side. And for non technical clients asking them to install the mainwp-child plugin (or give you admin access) is a big hurdle.

So I was wondering how you pro’s manage all that and keep things easy and simple?

Cheers,

Daan

2 Likes

First, apologies on the delay of your post Akismet flagged it for review.

Second, I think if you’re going to be servicing their website for them there is no way to get around them giving you admin access. For that you need to build and have your clients trust.

3 Likes

We do all the work for them! We are just requesting admin access and take care of the rest.
We have process in place so we are sure that each client is onboarding properly in all system (mainwp, crm, sales…etc).

3 Likes

When I receive admin access, I immediately create an admin acct for me. That way changes can be tracked to the user that performed them. I also suggest giving the client 2 logins. One with admin rights, and the other as an editor or whatever level they are comfortable with. This helps deter unintentional changes to site’s setup. Tell them to only use their admin acct in emergencies.

This way you can bill for all work necessary due to their mistakes.

MUST HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS! I also ask for their hosting account admin. Most clients have complied.

3 Likes

Admin access is a must. You can’t do anything without it. I have my contracts stipulate I have the right to create admin access accounts for myself for purposes of doing this work. I don’t ask them to give me admin access. I ask them for their admin credentials, and I create it myself.

There is a lot of tedious work to set things up on our end, but once it’s all done 99% of it is either automated or requires you to click a button in MainWP.

1 Like