Install purchased extensions failing ( Folder_exists error )

Good day
im trying to install the following 2 plugin extensions:
MainWP UpdraftPlus Extension
MainWP Clean and Lock Extension

However once i select these to Install i get the following error:
folder_exists - /home/pinecomc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-clean-and-lock-extension/

This error is the same for both?
Many thanks

Hi @cherise, the error message that you get means that the extension is already installed but deactivated on your MainWP Dashboard site.

Can you check the WP Admin > Plugins > Installed Plugins page on your MainWP Dashboard site and see if you can find those two extensions in there? If yes, please delete both from that screen and then try to install fresh copies from the MainWP > Extensions screen.

Let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

HI @bogdan
No matches found when i do a search on those plugins, as specified above…
please see below

Hi @cherise, I was talking about WP > Plugins > Installed Plugins page, not MainWP > Plugins section. Please check the /wp-admin/plugins.php page on your Dashboard site.

1 Like

@cherise you more than likely still have v3 plugins installed within your MainWP Installation. You will want to delete these as they will conflict with v4 & throw errors such as this.

Please follow @bogdan’s suggestion and Delete them either from your WP Admin > Plugins page & or from your FTP of your MainWP Installation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.