Invalid Site ID. and Not able to manage child site

It seems I am having an issue adding a child site. I am able to connect to the child site and it will add the site to the dashboard, however it will not allow me to see the child site overview page (it forwards me to the main overview page for all of the sites).

I also am seeing an issue with UpdraftPlus… when I go to try and do a backup for that particular site, I get an error saying “Invalid Site ID.”

So further investigation, I went into the Database to lookup the mainwp_wp table to look at the “ID” for the child site, and it was listed as “0”.

Does anyone have a clue why I am having an issue adding this Child Site to the dashboard?

Hi @shadowmaxss, I have never seen this problem before, however, as per the problem description it makes me think that site ID value is not generated properly at the moment you connected the site. Please try to remove your site from your MainWP Dashboard and try to re-add it.

1 Like

@shadowmaxss are you still in need of assistance?

I’ve removed the Site and re-added the Site several times in the Dashboard. It still applies the ID of zero in the DB, adds the site to the list, but does not allow me to access it or perform anything to the Site.

Hi @shadowmaxss, do you see any recent error in the MainWP > Status > Error Log page?

Thank you for the assistance, but no, I am not receiving any errors.

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard in a GitHub gist or Pastebin for review? Be sure to use this button it hides your private information:

### Server Info                    Required                                               Detected                                     Status   ###

MainWP Dashboard                   
MainWP Dashboard Version           4.0.7.2                                                4.0.7.2                                      Pass        
MainWP Upload Directory            Writable                                               Writable                                     Pass        
MainWP Extensions                  
Advanced Uptime Monitor Extension  5.0.1                                                  Active                                       Pass        
MainWP Sucuri Extension            4.0.3                                                  Active                                       Pass        
MainWP UpdraftPlus Extension       4.0.1                                                  Active                                       Pass        
WordPress                          
WordPress Version                  >=3.6                                                  5.2.5                                        Pass        
WordPress Memory Limit             >=64M                                                  40M                                          Warning     
MultiSite Disabled                 =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
FileSystem Method                  = direct                                               direct                                       Pass        
PHP                                
PHP Version                        >=5.6                                                  7.3.14                                       Pass        
PHP Safe Mode Disabled             =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
PHP Max Execution Time             >=30 seconds                                           300                                          Pass        
PHP Max Input Time                 >=30 seconds                                           300                                          Pass        
PHP Memory Limit                   >=128M                                                 264M                                         Pass        
PCRE Backtracking Limit            >=10000                                                1000000                                      Pass        
PHP Upload Max Filesize            >=2M                                                   500M                                         Pass        
PHP Post Max Size                  >=2M                                                   500M                                         Pass        
SSL Extension Enabled              =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
SSL Warnings                       = empty                                                                                             Pass        
cURL Extension Enabled             =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
cURL Timeout                       >=300 seconds                                          800                                          Pass        
cURL Version                       >=7.18.1                                               7.67.0                                       Pass        
cURL SSL Version                   >=OpenSSL/0.9.8l                                       OpenSSL/1.1.1d                               Pass        
PHP Allow URL fopen                YES                                                    
PHP Exif Support                   YES ( V7.3.)                                           
PHP IPTC Support                   YES                                                    
PHP XML Support                    YES                                                    
PHP Disabled Functions             No functions disabled.                                 
PHP Loaded Extensions              Core, PDO, PDO_ODBC, Phar, Reflection, SPL, SimpleXML, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, date, dba, dom, enchant, exif, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, hash, i360, iconv, imagick, imap, intl, ionCube Loader, json, ldap, libxml, litespeed, mbstring, mysqli, mysqlnd, odbc, openssl, pcre, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, posix, pspell, session, shmop, snmp, soap, sockets, sqlite3, standard, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tidy, timezonedb, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, zlib
MySQL                              
MySQL Version                      >=5.0                                                  10.0.38-MariaDB                              Pass        
MySQL Mode                         NOT SET                                                
MySQL Client Encoding              utf8                                                   
Server Info                        
Server Software                    LiteSpeed                                              
Operating System                   Linux                                                  
Architecture                       64 bit                                                 
Server Protocol                    HTTP/1.1                                               
HTTPS                              ON - on                                                
Server self connect                Response Test O.K.                                     
User Agent                         Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36
Gateway Interface                                                                         
Memory Usage                       72.57 MB                                               
Request Time                       1581233676                                             
Accept Content                     text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9
Accept-Charset Content             N/A                                                    
MainWP Settings                    
Number Of Child Sites              14                                                     
Use WP-Cron                        Yes                                                    
Optimize for Shared Hosting or Big NetworksNo                                                     
Automatic Daily Update             Install trusted updates                                
Abandoned Plugins/Themes Tolerance 730                                                    
Maximum number of posts to return  10                                                     
Maximum number of pages to return                                                         
Primary Backup System              MainWP UpdraftPlus Extension                           
Maximum simultaneous requests      4                                                      
Minimum delay between requests     200                                                    
Maximum simultaneous requests per ip1                                                      
Minimum delay between requests to the same ip1000                                                   
Maximum simultaneous sync requests                                                        
Minimum simultaneous install/update requests                                                       
Active Plugins                     
Akismet Anti-Spam                  4.1.3                                                  Active                                       
Easy Digital Downloads             2.9.20                                                 Active                                       
Font Awesome                       4.0.0-rc13                                             Inactive                                     
Gravity Forms                      2.4.17                                                 Active                                       
Gravity Forms MailChimp Add-On     4.6                                                    Active                                       
Gravity Forms Stripe Add-On        3.3                                                    Active                                       
Kodax Core Plugin                  1.0                                                    Active                                       
Kodax Shortcodes Plugin            1.0                                                    Active                                       
Kodax Widgets Plugin               1.0                                                    Active                                       
Loginizer                          1.4.3                                                  Inactive                                     
MainWP Child                       4.0.6.2                                                Active                                       
MainWP Dashboard                   4.0.7.2                                                Active                                       
Mobile.Nav                         1.4.2                                                  Active                                       
Offline Credit Card Lite           1.0.0                                                  Active                                       
Shield Security                    8.5.6                                                  Active                                       
UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore       1.16.21                                                Active                                       
W3 Total Cache                     0.13.0                                                 Inactive                                     
WP Mail SMTP Plugin by Mail Bank   4.0.10                                                 Inactive                                     
WP Max Buttons                     1.0                                                    Inactive                                     
WP Max CSS Buttons                 1.0.0                                                  Active                                       
WP Simple Pay Lite                 2.3.3                                                  Inactive                                     
Yoast SEO                          13.0                                                   Active                                       

Hi @shadowmaxss, thanks for the update. I reviewed the reports, but nothing unusual in there that would point me in some direction.

However, I made a research and found that sometimes the AUTO_INCREMENT can file in database if database table is corrupted so it always assigns value 0. In some cases, this can be fixed by repairing the database table. If you would like to try, please make the database backup first and after that, please try to repair the wp_mainwp_wp database table via phpMyAdmin.

If you are not comfortable with doing this, please feel free to open a helpdesk ticket and send us WP Admin, SFTP/FTP and if possible cPanel access to your MainWP Dashboard site so we can check this further.