Launch UpdrafPlus backup before MainWP launch plugin update

Hi,
I have set the Updraftplus extension and correctly se with one of mine child site. I have launch a backup from UpdraftPlus Backups dashboard area and all work perfectly.

The problem is that I would like MainWP to activate backup via UpdraftPlus when updating plugins just like when plugins are updated from the WordPress dashboard.

This is a very important function for me. How can I activate these backups before updating the plugins via MainWP dashboard?

Regards
Francesco

Nobody uses UpdraftPlus or has this need?

Hi Francesco,

MainWP doesn’t fully support the UpdrafPlus plugin feature that runs backup before updates start because there are hooks missing that would trigger this process.

This is something that we will revisit again and see if there was something changed recently and if possible we will integrate the option.

For now, the best practice is to simply manually trigger the backup process for all sites that you are planning to update (you can do that from the UpdrafPlus Extension dashboard ) and after backups are complete, you can run updates.

1 Like

Thanks a lot a Bogdan, let me know if you will integrate all the UpdraftPlus features on MainWP.

Regards
Francesco

Hi Francesco,

You are welcome. We will look into it and see what can be done.

1 Like

So FYI when you do happen to expand on its awesome extension. UpDaftPlus only backs up the Plugins and Database when an update is executed. It doesn’t require a full backup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.