We have tested this update thoroughly on many different server setups but it’s impossible to test every configuration. That is why I am asking if you could install the Dashboard and Child plugins on some of your test sites and let us know if you find any issues.
This update should be stable and not cause any major issues however we do recommend you set up some dedicated testing sites or sub-domains until you have verified everything works on your server setup.
If you are setting up a new testing environment all you need to do is download and install as normal the Dashboard and Child Plugin.
If you decide that you want to run the Beta on your existing live environment follow these instructions:
Upgrade Dashboard Plugin
- Download the MainWP Dashboard ZIP from above
- On your MainWP Dashboard site, deactivate and delete the version that you are currently using
- Install the new (beta) Dashboard plugin
- Activate the plugin
Upgrade Child Plugin
- Download the MainWP Child ZIP from above
- Then get to your MainWP Dashboard
- Go to the Plugins > Install > Upload page
- Select the sites you want to upload it to
- Upload the Child Plugin you downloaded earlier
- Be sure BOTH “Activate after installation ” and “Overwrite existing” are selected
- Press the button to complete the process
That will install this version on your child sites for you.