MainWP Child Plugin not detected! Please make sure that the MainWP Child plugin is installed and activated on the child site

Hi

I am receiving the following error when iam trying to connect.
"MainWP Child Plugin not detected! Please make sure that the MainWP Child plugin is installed and activated on the child site. For additional help, contact the MainWP Support.
Click [here] to see response from the child site."

Child site response:
iframe src=“https://unblock.hosting-service.net.au/frame.php?hostname=cw1.cpcloud.com.au” frameBorder=“0” height=“100%” width=“100%”></iframe

Any idea?

Thanks

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

thanks for reaching out

It appears that some security layer on your child site side is blocking requests form your MainWP Dashboard.

• Do you use some security plugins on the site?
  • Have you checked the server firewall or any other security layer on the server?
  • Do you use some cloud-proxy firewall?

Hi Bogdan and Edwin

I am experiencing the same issue for a new site setup.

I have deactivated WordFence to try again, but still does not recognise the child plugin as being installed.

Can you verify that you have not disallowed the loading of the resource in an iframe outside of your domain?

I’m finding via Google that can come up based on this.

They have set the header to SAMEORIGIN in this case, which means that they have disallowed loading of the resource in an iframe outside of their domain. For more information see The X-Frame-Options response header on MDN.

I had an issue like this as well. If I was just entering for example domainname.com I got the error. If I entered www.domainname.com it worked fine.

MainWP Child Plugin not detected! Please make sure that the MainWP Child plugin is installed and activated on the child site

Along with the case when there is really MainWP Child plugin missing on a child site, this error message shows in cases when the request from MainWP Dashboard can’t reach to the child site and see that the child plugin is there.

In most cases, this happens when some security rule (can be on server-side, CDN, or on-site plugin) blocks requests, but there are also others. @huskylogic mentioned one, child site URL mismatch, and another one that I have seen, after migrating a child site, DNS can still point to the old site (server) until DNS cache clears, so request ends up at wrong IP where there is no MainWP Child plugin actually.

I’m starting to see this error as well.

The error appears when the response back from the child site is not what’s expected by the Dashboard. So, the “plugin not detected” error message is not always accurate.

It’d be great if these errors were logged with some useful details to assist with debugging.

It’d be great if these errors were logged with some useful details to assist with debugging.

If a request doesn’t even get to the website or hits a wrong IP, or Firewall blocks it without and Status Code set, there is simply no way to provide an accurate error message.

If a server blocks a request but doesn’t set a response (just returns an empty response), how the Dashbaord should “know” what happened?

Some security layers are set differently, so when block, at least they return status code 401, or 403,… so we can show what happened. In some cases, the server will return an error message that the request timed out… but unfortunately, in some cases, only empty response is returned (or there is no response at all) so we can’t define accurate error messages.

That’s right - so the MainWP Child Plugin not detected message is misleading in some cases because the exact error condition might be different, or unknown.

More helpful error messages could include:

“Child website response timed out”
“Child website returned an empty response”
“Child website returned no response”
“Child website returned a 403 response”
“Child website returned an invalid response”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.