MainWP Child Plugin not detected!

Hi, there,

I am unable to connect one of my child sites to the dashboard. I always get the error:

MainWP Child Plugin not detected! Please make sure that the MainWP Child plugin is installed and activated on the child site. For additional help, contact the MainWP Support.

Can anyone help? (All my sites are hosted with the same hosting company, but I only have issues with one site)

Hi @Shogun, can you tell me what response do you get if you use the Test Connection feature to test this child site?

Hmm, I tried again, probably my 10th attempt and it suddenly worked.

Thanks anyway :slight_smile: :grinning:

Great glad to hear that.

Probably just some temporary glitch on the server-side.

Hmm. Yesterday the same child site got disconnected and I am unable to connect again.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the MainWP Child Plugin but always get this error:

MainWP Child Plugin not detected! Please make sure that the MainWP Child plugin is installed and activated on the child site. For additional help, contact the MainWP Support.

Testing works:
Connection successful!

I’m seeing the same problem, first time setup form DesktopServer hosted host to a shared hosting. The child theme is installed configured and appears to be correcty setup. I’m getting a 403 when Test Connection is run.

Child site is on a shared hosting plan with Dreamhost.

Hi @Shogun, it could be that some other plugin is causing conflict on the child site. Can you try to temporary deactivate security and caching plugins on the site and see if that makes any difference?

@golfbravo, problem that you described is probably a bit different. Since you get 403 Error on test, it’s more than likely that some security rule is blocking requests from your Dashboard. It can be some security plugin on the site or server-side security measure such as Firewall or mod_Security. I would recommend trying to deactivate security plugins first, and if that doesn’t help, please check with your host support if they can review server firewall and mod_security logs to see if there is something that can help us.

Thanks, I’ll do some more digging.

1 Like

Hi, I managed a few days ago to add my site. It just suddenly worked. Then yesterday MainWP lost connection to that site and I cannot reconnect.

I have tried deactivating ALL plugins but still cannot connect.

Testing always results in: “Connection successful!”.

I have no problems with other sites. All of them hosted with the same hosting company and with the same theme (Divi).

So I am at a loss :frowning:

Edit: The error I get when I try to connect is always: “MainWP Child Plugin not detected! Please make sure that the MainWP Child plugin is installed and activated on the child site. For additional help, contact the MainWP Support.”

Can you please grab the system report from the child site and send it to me via Private message so I can review it?

Private message sent :slight_smile:

Thanks, got it. I checked it but nothing wrong in there.

Do you use Cloudflare or any other cloud proxy for this child site? Did you have a chance to check with your host support if the server firewall or mod_security are blocking requests from your MainWP Dashboard?

Hi, I am not using Cloudflare or other cloud porxy. Like I said earlier all my sites are hosted on the same server.

I am not aware of any server firewall or mod_security…

Hi Siggi, thanks for the update. You should contact your host support and have them check the firewall/mod_security.

You can provide them your MainWP Dashboard site IP address so they can check for it in the logs and see what is causing this.

Please let me know how it goes.

I’ve seen a situation like this, where the DNS had a correct IP4 setting, but for IPv6 it was pointing to a different server or something. So I was seeing the correct site via IP4, but my dashboard tried to contact via IPv6 and couldn’t find it. It might be good to check that.

I just wanted to close out on my problem - which was somewhat different. BUT, there is an oddity that you might find useful in future. The block was related to the Bad Behavior plugin. The oddity is that I have it on all sites. Two connected with no problem and one did not. I disabled on the one site.

I have found anything different between the sites as yet.

Cheers

Hi, I found the solution! For some reason the child site that could not connect to the dashboard is configured to use www (unlike all my other sites). After adding the www. prefix everything works :innocent:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.