MainWP Virusdie Extension - Beta release

Today, we are proud to announce the MainWP Virusdie Extension (Beta 1) release.

The extension is available through one of the MainWP Pro plans.

:books: Here you can find the extension Help Documentation.

Please note that the MainWP Virusdie Extension 4.0.0-beta1 is a beta version that is still undergoing final testing before its official release. If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or other problems with the extension, please let us know immediately so we can rectify these accordingly. Your help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Along with the Virusdie, now you can Fix and Protect all your Child Sites

Virusdie has only one focus — Protect your websites. Virusdie features an incredibly extensive database and a stack of technologies to detect viruses and threats. Virusdie detects both, viruses and website vulnerabilities and this is something that makes it different than other antivirus or defender products. With its phenomenally low false-positive rate (less than 0.0002%), Virusdie gives you greater peace of mind than you’ve ever experienced with a website antivirus solution.

>>> See how it works! <<<

Why use Virusdie with MainWP?

Virusdie Free Tier

Through our partnership with Virusdie, we were able to procure additional benefits for the free tier:

• Signing up on Virusdie.com - 1 site virus scan once a month.
  • Signing up through the MainWP Virusdie Extension: All sites on your MainWP Dashboard are scanned once a week.

Additional Virusdie free benefits:

• Weekly email notifications
  • Automatic upload of Virusdie’s sync file, no need to FTP it to each site
  • Scans results show directly on your MainWP Dashboard

Virusdie Premium Customers

If you’re already a Virusdie customer, all you need to do is add your websites to the MainWP Virusdie Extension, and your Dashboard will automatically begin tracking your scans.

Additional Virusdie premium benefits:

• Have an overview of issues in one place
  • Trigger scan process
  • Enable/Disable Firewall
  • Enable/Disable Auto-Cleanup feature
5 Likes

Pity I can’t give 10 hearts for this news :wink: Thx guys!!!

4 Likes

Will there be also Tokens for Reporting Pro available? :slight_smile: Thx

yes, tokens for Reports will be available in the next update.

I already have my sites on my virusdie premium account and after adding the extension they show since I already had the sites on my dashboard. When I click the add sites button it tells me that Sites added successfully. Please wait until your unique sync file gets uploaded to your child sites with a red box saying Unique sync file could not be uploaded. Please upload it manually.

My sites already have the sync file. Am I missing something?

Hi John,

thanks for reaching out.

We have reached out to the Virusdie team and they are working on this problem. The problem is on their API side.

As soon as we get more info from them, I will let you know.

Thanks Bogdan. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Today, we released the Beta 2 version that contains multiple UI changes.

One of the biggest changes is that the API settings fields (Client API Key and Client HMAC Key) are removed. Since the User key can be obtained only automatically through the Virusdie API, these fields are not necessary. This change should make the setup process simpler.

MainWP Virusdie Extension Beta 3 was released today.

The Beta 3 version contains small cosmetic updates and one notice update. As per the information that we got from the Virusdie team, users that have Virusdie premium account created without the extension, won’t be able to connect the account and use the extension. They set a restriction to their API.

I tried the Virusdie Extension today … I was able to link everything up, however when I try to do a scan I get a message ‘Not available for this site’

It must be working though, since I got an email from virus die with some scan results
(at first these results weren’t showing in my mainwp dashboard, but after clicking the "reload virusdie data’ it did.)

… but the “scan site” for each individual site keeps giving me that error message.

G.

Hi @gleysen,

the error message that you get comes from the Virusdie API server. It doesn’t allow you to run a manual scan since the automated scan is scheduled for the site.

Please note that users on the free tier get one weekly scan that runs automatically on the Virusdie side.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.