Plugin update not detected

I’m setting ip MainWP. Currently I monitor 28 websites. I am switching from Infinite WP but I still have it running, to be able to compare results.
I found that one plugin update is not shown in MainWP but it is shown in Infinite WP and also the website/wordpress shows the plugin update, so infinitewp is correct.
I can’t find the difference with other websites, and they are all working great. I tried to reconnect to the childsite (long shot) but that didn’t make a difference. Is there anything I could check to resolve this? Is there an ‘ignore minor release’ option maybe?

The plugin giving this problem: Mai Theme Engine (1.11.5 → 1.11.6)
Wordpress version is 5.5
Main WP dashboard plugin: 4.0.7.3
Main WP child: 4.0.7.2

Hi Michael,

Can you please tell me is this pulgin premium or a free plugin? Can you send me a copy of the plugin so I can check this on our test sites?

1 Like

Hi Bogdan
It’s a premium plugin. How can I get it to you privately?

More specific: it’s the theme helper, which is free: GitHub - maithemewp/mai-theme-engine: The required helper plugin to power Mai Theme child themes.

You can send it to me via PM

Hi Bogdan. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I don’t know how to PM. If I use the [message[ button it won’t allow me to add a zip (only images) I can’t find any other way to send you a message. Please point me in the right direction.

I created a support ticked and added the file there (ticket: 47860)

Got it, thanks. I am working on it.

Because the plugin in the issue doesn’t use the standard WP Update API, after adding this filter, we were able to solve the problem:

add_filter( 'mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update', 'myhook_mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update', 10 );
function myhook_mainwp_detect_premium_plugins_update( $premiums ) {
   $premiums[] = 'mai-theme-engine/mai-theme-engine.php';
   return $premiums;
}

The snippet was added to the PHP section of the Custom Dashboard extension.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.