Public key already set. Please deactivate & reactivate the MainWP Child plugin and try again

I’m aware that there are topics on this already, but honestly, I’ve tried ABSOLUTELY everything possible to get this working and it seems that it just dies at random.

Background

• Recently migrated server using “Duplicator”
  • Purposely disconnected and Deactivated “MainWP Child” on all sites (8 in total) before moving
  • Website migrations completed fine. Connected all the websites back to MainWP upon re-activation of Child plugin
  • Two WordPress sites, just keep disconnecting at random, or not connecting at all
  • All sites are on the same server
  • The two sites that are active are actually on the same domain, but one is in a subfolder (/updates/)
  • Never had a problem before
  • Tried using “Force IPv4”

Problem
Despite multiple attempts, it just fails to connect saying “Public key already set. Please deactivate & reactivate the MainWP Child plugin and try again.” or if successful, sometimes will just disconnect itself later saying that the plugin is not installed / was not detected".

As mentioned, this has never been a problem before… it also seems that despite removing stuff, some of the MainWP data seems to remain around the site.

I’ve logged into phpMyAdmin and removed a few tables that were for MainWP (MainWP stream or something), but still nothing works as it should.

I’m not having ANY other problems on any of the remaining sites… they’re ALL on the same web server, all using the same fundamental plugins (obviously some have more plugins than others, but ultimately, the “base” plugins are the same on all sites).

Giving me a headache, and I’m about 2 days away from giving up on this plugin and using something else. I cannot afford to completely re-build the site, when clearly it’s a config issue SOMEWHERE on MainWP causing this.

1 Like

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please try to temporary deactivate all plugins except for the MainWP Child on the child site and see if that helps? It would be good to temporarily switch to one of the default WP themes. This way we can see if there is some plugin creating a conflict here.

Also, can you tell me what response do you get from the Test Connection feature?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.