Site URL changes, I have to delete and add new

Is there a way to change a site where the URL changes? I have all my client information entered in for reporting, but they changed to a new Domain and let the old one expire. There doesn’t seem to be a way to change the Site URL. Now I will lose all my reporting and such from the old URL name.

1 Like

Hi Greg,

By default, the URL field is disabled so users don’t change URL by accident and cause connection problems.

If you need to change the URL, you can do it directly in DB via phpMyAdmin, you just need to find the site in wp_mainwp_wp DB table and edit the URL.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Easier to simply just change the html element’s tag via CSS an re-enable it. Right click and inspect / re-enable then change and resave it.

Still not sure that it would work. I believe that the field is not included in the post submission process so the value wn’t be updated. Along with this, we disabled the field so it’s obvious that the URL can’t be changed in the Edit screen.

Ok ill test this further to confirm.

1 Like