Firstly, I have been using MainWP for months and I have to say it is a great tool that made me save a lot of time.
I will explain my situation and my problem :
On MainWP dashboard I have many child sites.
For a site I always have the staging version and the live version (so 2 child sites) that are installed on different servers.
Each child site has mainWP child and child report plugin installed and activated.
Both sites are the same except that I only monitor live site using Uptime Robot. There is no point monitoring staging site…
When updating a website, here is my workflow :
- first I update the staging site using MainWP dashboard (updating WP, plugins and theme).
- I then commit those changes to my GIT repo
- then, using a deployment tool (deployHQ) I run the deployment of the new GIT tag to the live site (without using MainWP dashboard nor WP dashboard so nothing is saved in child reports tab)
Of course, my goal using child report would be to generate a report for the live site with the last changes but I noticed that making it this way, no action gets saved in the admin (child reports tab).
My questions are :
- what triggers an action that is saved in the database ?
- with my workflow, is there a way to save those actions in the database to be listed in the report ?
- is there a better workflow that could solve my problem ?
I am also opened to change my workflow, the only thing I wouldn’t like is to make the changes directly on the live server because I would have no way to revert back to a previous version if something goes wrong (that’s the point of using a deployment tool).
Thanks for taking the time to read and answer.