View version *.*.* details Shows Plugin not found

Hey Guys,

When we click on the plugin [View version ..* details.] keeps one showing Shows Page not found instead of the change log? This seems to be an on going issue for a long time.

Hi Jay,

Can you please show me where did you find this bug?

Hey @bogdan

Wishing You and the MainWP team A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

This happens on the WP admin area as well. So we are unable to see the information and Changelog

Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting back to me. I whish you all the best too!

I just tried to duplicate this on my test setup, but I couldn’t.

When I hit the version number:

I see the modal with the info:

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Status → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

Hey @bogdan,

Thanks for getting back this isn’t happening with all the plugins and themes.

What happens when you try to see the change log directly from the child site?

The only time I remember seeing this is when it also fails on the child site and in that case it’s an issue for that plugin developer.

Plugins from wordpress.org should show the changelog. “Plugin not found” is shown for premium plugins, because they don’t have a link on wordpress.org.

Nope I can see it on the child site. I have same doubt that @josklever has mentioned as well that MainWP is somehow just syncing in only WP.org repository plugins and themes info.

It’s tricky with Premium plugins. Since there is no changelogs listed in WP.org and each plugin/theme has a custom URL it’s not always possible for MainWP Dashboard to detect it.

On the child site the specific plugin/theme is active and they show the links to their changelog. As the plugin/theme isn’t available on the MainWP dashboard, the information isn’t available either.

Maybe it’s an option to show the link only if they are actually available (so for wp.org plugins only). Themes from wp.org don’t even have a direct link to a changelog. In my opinion links like twentytwentyone (log) – WordPress Themes are closest to the changelog. Click the cog icon on the most recent change and find a readme.txt or changelog.txt (or similar) to view the changelog.

I’m not sure if this would work for most MainWP users, so it could be added just like the link to plugin changelogs, but this is something the WP Themes Team is also discussing to standardize (no idea if/when this will change).

2 Likes

It’s really time consuming going in and checking the products changelog prior updating them.

@dennis @bogdan
It would be really nice to have a feature that would indicate safe and flag out any glitchy/bug/malware Plugins/Theme/WPcore updates.

It is something that we will definitely look into.

1 Like

Thanks also please look into.

As MainWP keeping on getting disconnected.

It would be also a really good service if you have a premium feature that would let us know which plugin is safe and bug free to update/upgrade.

Hi Jay, please feel free to support that request directly in that post.
No need to mix unrelated stuff in this post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.