Wordfence Extension - The plugin cannot be activated because it generates a fatal error

Hello together,

when I want to activate the Wordfence Extension the following error occurs.
What could be the problem?

The plugin cannot be activated because it generates a fatal error.
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘MainWP_Wordfence_Setting’ not found in /var/customers/webs/duerrsteidle/mainwp/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-wordfence-extension/mainwp-wordfence-extension.php:52 Stack trace: #0 /var/customers/webs/duerrsteidle/mainwp/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-wordfence-extension/mainwp-wordfence-extension.php(332): MainWP_Wordfence_Extension->__construct() #1 /var/customers/webs/duerrsteidle/mainwp/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-wordfence-extension/mainwp-wordfence-extension.php(272): MainWP_Wordfence_Extension_Activator->activate_this_plugin() #2 /var/customers/webs/duerrsteidle/mainwp/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-wordfence-extension/mainwp-wordfence-extension.php(364): MainWP_Wordfence_Extension_Activator->__construct() #3 /var/customers/webs/duerrsteidle/mainwp/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(2223): include(’/var/customers/…’) #4 /var/customers/webs/duerrsteidle/mainwp/wp-admin/plugins.php(175): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘mainwp-wordfenc…’) #5 {main} thrown in /var/customers/webs/duerrsteidle/mainwp/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-wordfence-extension/mainwp-wordfence-extension.php on line 52

Greetings
Chris

Hi @DuerrSteidle, it’s not something I’ve seen before. It could be that the version that you have installed is corrupted. Can you delete that version and install a fresh copy?

ok i dont know why but now it works

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.