Abandoned plugin data not showing

Hi!

From what I understand, pro reports have the ability to show abandoned plugin information (featured added in 4.1?). However, in my test, this information is not showing even though the site’s overview page clearly shows the abandoned plugins.

Is this still supported?

Thanks

Hey @kgps

Yes, these tokens are still supported. You can find an up-to-date list at: Available Pro Reports Tokens - MainWP Documentation

Have you tried inserting the tokens yourself in the report template?

@bojan ,

Thanks for the fast response. I’m glad they are still supported. But how to use them in the Pro reports? In the data tab, there’s ‘plugin updates’ but that’s about it.

Thanks

These tokens can be inserted in Report introduction or closing message like so:

This information will be placed at the beginning or at the end of the PDF.

If you want to make proper sections for Abandoned Plugins/Themes in the report itself, you will have to make a custom report.

Instructions and a video on how to do so can be found in this KB under the Create Custom Report Templates section:

@bojan ,

Thank you for that and sorry for the confusion. My question was more about if there was a way to add this information through the UI instead of the tokens like the other data. Thanks for the clarification and for the resource.

Can these tokens be used in a ‘client reports’?

You are most welcome.

No, only in Pro Reports.

Client Reports has been sunset long time ago and has been only receiving critical patches since.

I understand @bojan,

The reason I asked is because, if I needed to send a report/email to clients concerning their abandoned plugins, I could do so using the client report so they can see the issue in question in an HTML format instead of having to open a Pro report to get that critical information.

Is there an alternative way to send this information in HTML format?

Hey @kgps

Yes, you can include these tokens in the body of the email. Like so:

Good point @bojan,

I don’t know why I thought I couldn’t add this into the email body. Thanks for that.

Just a last question on abandoned plugins. Is there supposed to be a notifications about abandoned plugins if a plugin exceeds the number of specified in the setting? I can’t recall a single email or notification or is it simply information that’s posted on the dashboard?

Thanks again

You are most welcome.

Right now, there are no email notifications for abandoned plugins/themes.

​Please feel free to make a suggestion about this on our feedback site. That way, others can vote for it, letting us know which features our users want the most. https://feedback.mainwp.com

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.