Cannot Update Plugins from Manage Sites page

I notice this happening for a while, if I go to Manage Sites and then click on a website that shows plugin updates (this is the URL):

mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=managesites&updateid=5

If I then have it update a plugin, MainWP shows the Confirmation Modal which I click Yes on and then nothing happens except the Modal closes. It doesn’t matter what website I choose.

I can update website plugins on other pages in MainWP like going from the Overview and then clicking “See Details” from the Plugin Updates line:

mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=UpdatesManage&tab=plugins-updates

which is how I usually do it.

I have several MainWP extensions installed including WPvivid for backups so I am not sure if it is MainWP with a bug or if it is some how an extension.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

I couldn’t duplicate this behavior.
Can you please run a quick test to rule out potential conflicts and try to disable all plugin on your MainWP Dashboard site (except for MainWP Dashboard) and see if that helps?

I disabled all plugins except for the dashboard 1 at a time until none left except the dashboard and the issue still happens.

Enabling or Disabling the “Disable update confirmations” option doesn’t make a difference either, If enabled it displays but then just reloads the page and doesn’t update the plugin.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for verifying that.
Do you get any error in the browser console when the problem happens?

I did check but nothing that seems related:

load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,zxcvbn-async&ver=5.8:5 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2
admin.php:192 [Intervention] Images loaded lazily and replaced with placeholders. Load events are deferred. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2048113

So I did a bit more testing and I can get it to update the plugin for a website on the “Manages Sites” page.

I first need to disable the Global setting:

“Require a backup before an update”

I can update plugins elsewhere on MainWP without any problems and without the need to disable this setting so there must be a bug in the function “updatesoverview_upgrade_plugin” that deals with this setting and on the Managed Sites page only. When this setting is enabled I never do get the “Checking Backup Settings” message and the “Full backup required” message when I try to update a plugin (on the Managed Sites page only).

@bogdan See above post. The setting “Require a backup before an update” seems to be part of the issue.

Hi Tom,

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.